Velin Johannot® Sheets
Made with esparto grass and cotton. Ιts qualities (opacity, bulk, softness, natural whiteness) are highly appreciated by art publishers!
Made on a cylinder mould (traditional process) : quality close to that of paper made by craft methods. The slow turning of the cylinder enables the fibres to be deposited evenly and spread in all directions over the wire. The paper is therefore more homogeneous and has good dimensional stability. Only papermaking on a cylinder mould can produce paper with deckle edges.
• Uses: Intaglio engraving, relief printing, linocut, lithography, screen printing, typography, heat embossing, blind embossing, gold foiling.
• Format: Sheets.
• Texture: Light fine grain. Its smoothness allows the printing of sharp, detailed images.
• 125, 240gsm: Very high bulk. Excellent for intaglio engraving, blind embossing and gold foil stamping.
• Special formulation: Lightly sized, ideal for the gravure process.
• 75% Cotton /25% Esparto: Esparto is an perennial grass that became very popular at the beginning of the 20th century. Its short fibres produce high quality paper: closed formation, good opacity and bulk make it perfect for art books and prints.
• Colour: Natural white. Colour much appreciated by art publishers.
• Sheets: authenticity and prestige with deckle edges and watermark.
• Conservation: With alkaline reserve, acid-free, no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9701).