Velin d’ARCHES® Text Wove Sheets
The ideal paper for calligraphy and ink!
Made on a cylinder mould (traditional process) : quality close to that of paper made by craft methods. The slow turning of the cylinder enables the fibres to be deposited evenly and spread in all directions over the wire. The paper is therefore more homogeneous and has good dimensional stability. Only papermaking on a cylinder mould can produce paper with deckle edges.
• Uses: Calligraphy, pen and ink, pastel, charcoal, bookbinding, letterpress, screen-printing
• Formats: Sheet
• 100% cotton: Paper with very good mechanical strength. Pleasure of using a soft, supple, noble material (unbelievable feel).
• Texture: Light fine grain: perfectly balanced soft grain and smooth surface.
• 119 gsm: Lightweight and flexible. Has good bulk, i.e. it is relatively thick for a grammage of 119 gsm.
• Special formulation: Gelatin surface-sized: limits the paper’s absorption capacity (ink does not bleed or penetrate into the paper) and guarantees good resistance of the fibres. The pen nib glides effortless and smoothly over the paper. Excellent calligraphy and ink drawing. Ideal for letterpress printing and bookbinding.
• Colour: Natural white. Colour much appreciated by calligraphers and art publishers.
• Sheets: authenticity and prestige with deckle edges and watermark.
• Conservation: With alkaline reserve, acid-free, no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9706)